£139.00 – £799.00
Designed and engineered without compromise, HR ED fieldscopes deliver exceptional optical performance combined with sublime handling and total reliability.
Aimed squarely at the serious user, the models are built to withstand extremes in temperature, to operate unaffected by rain, cold or humidity and be used anywhere from the equatorial rainforests to the poles.
Delivering the highest resolution figures in the Opticron range, each HR ED body contains a high definition 5 element apochromat objective lens with 2 individual ED elements. In addition to enhancing resolution, this second element delivers significant reductions in chromatic aberration settings compared to single element designs. To optimise light transmission and colour contrast across the magnification range, Opticron N-type extra wide band multi-coating is applied to all air/glass surfaces throughout each instrument.
- 66mm twin ED APO lens design
- Opticron N-type extra wide band multi-coating
- Lightweight magnesium body
- Fully protected in soft touch textured rubber armour
- Nitrogen waterproof
- Wide wheel focusing
- Retractable lens hood
- Integrated objective lens cover
- Large footprint +/- 90° rotating tripod sleeve
- Telephoto option for SLR photography