All shops have stock of the new Hawke Frontier ED X binocular or order online here.
Here’s what the company has to say about it’s latest product:
“Using a superior optical system, designed around ED glass, the Frontier ED X produces stunning colour retention, crisp definition and excellent light transmission, you are sure to be blown away by its performance in the field.
The benefits of the Extra-low Dispersion glass and first class coatings throughout are clear to see. Controlled chromatic aberration eliminates colour fringing allowing all detail to be clearly visible.
All Frontier ED X binoculars pass through a strict quality control inspection to ensure all aspects match design intent. They are optically checked for resolution, light transmission and Strehl Ratio for optical image formation. They are further tested in extreme operational temperature conditions from -15°C to +55°C and storage temperatures -40°C to +70°C. Final checks of waterproofing to IPX7 and fog proofing are tested.
Available in a choice of green or grey body, in either 8× or 10× magnification.”
The latest version of the range-topping Opticron DBA VHD binocular show a real improvement in performance – impressive given that we liked the first DBA VHD a lot anyway!
The company has updated some of the coatings in the optical system of the DBA VHD+ to boost light transmission and this results in an even brighter image. Combine that with excellent sharpness and a low weight and you have a great birders binocular.
We normally carry both 8x and 10x models in stock at all times but do phone your local shop to check before visiting.
Also available to order online here.
We’ve just received confirmation of the pricing for the new Nikon HG 30mm binocular models – 8×30 £799, 10×30 £829.
This is the press release the company issued this week.
“Nikon today announces the introduction of the lightweight and compact 30mm-diameter models (8×30 and 10×30) to the MONARCH HG series – the most advanced series in the history of MONARCH binoculars.
The 30mm-diameter model is both compact and lightweight, with its magnesium alloy body weighing just approx. 450 g. It provides a sharp and clear view all the way to the periphery and maintains a wide field of view with natural colour fidelity – both features of the MONARCH HG 42mm-diameter model, but in a smaller body.
As with other models in the MONARCH HG series, these new binoculars feature the same sleek design and deliver the same fine performance. The binoculars’ wide apparent field of view (60.3° for the 8×30 and 62.2° for the 10×30) provides spectacular viewing, while the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery. The use of extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that can cause colour fringing to achieve a contrast-rich and high-resolution image.
A high-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms. Dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating and phase correction coating are applied to the roof prisms, which combine to achieve a bright view with light transmittance of up to 92 per cent or higher, plus natural colour fidelity.
The compact magnesium alloy body offers waterproof/fog-proof performance (up to 5 m for 10 min.). The high performance prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000 m.
This new model comes with a neck strap that reduces strain on the user’s neck, and a semi-hard type case to protect the binoculars in transit. Nikon’s MONARCH HG 30mm-diameter binoculars are ideal for bird or nature-watching enthusiasts, as well as those who enjoy different kinds of outdoor activities and want to travel light.
• Wide apparent field of view (60.3° for 8×30 and 62.2° for 10×30). While realising a wide field of view, the Field Flattener Lens System assures a sharp and clear view all the way to the lens periphery
• Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass corrects chromatic aberration that causes colour fringing and achieves a contrast-rich and high-resolution image
• High-quality multilayer coating is applied to all lenses and prisms while dielectric high-reflective multilayer prism coating is applied to the roof prisms, achieving a bright view of up to 92 per cent or higher light transmittance, and natural colour fidelity
• Phase-correction-coated roof prisms for high resolution and contrast
• Scratch-resistant coating is applied on the objective lens and eyepiece surfaces
• Long eye relief design ensures a clear field of view, even for eyeglass wearers
• Lead and arsenic-free glass is used for all lenses and prisms
• Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups with multi-click facilitate easy positioning of eyes at the correct eyepoint
• Dioptre adjustment ring locking system prevents unintentional rotation
• Sturdy, lightweight magnesium alloy body (approx. 450 g)
• Superior waterproof/fog-proof performance with a nitrogen-filled body that resists water pressure to a depth of up to 5 m for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 5,000 m
• Soft-to-the-touch neck strap
• Objective lens caps are integrated to prevent loss. Interchangeable objective rubber rings without caps are included and can be switched according to applications.
• Optional tripod adaptor enables attachment to a tripod [TRA-3/Adaptor H (hard type)]”
This year’s Leeds Birdfair will take place on Saturday 23rd June 2018 at Rodley Nature Reserve. As usual there will be lots of events for wildlife lovers of all ages (download a programme) and a wide range of wildlife related stalls. Find out how you can get closer to nature in your area of Leeds.
Dave from our Denby Dale shop will be on hand for a binocular and telescope “try and buy” day. See a full range of wildlife watching and birding optics from Hawke, Nikon, Opticron, Swarovski and Zeiss.
More information here.